Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Best Laid Plans....?

So.

For now I am working a locums job in SomeWhere, Ohio, as a laborist.  I have found the whole concept of taking my Ob/Gyn skills on the road as a independent contractor to be both educational and lucrative.  It has been wonderful being able to manage patients independently, and luckily, the nurses and my partner, OtherDoc, have made the transition from residency to attending both enjoyable and easy.  I am mainly responsible for Labor and Delivery, but I am available to help out with Gyn procedures and office coverage if needed.  The SomeWhere Hospital is not crazy busy like my residency and it is refreshing to actually be able to have a conversation with patients.  There aren't any Ob/Gyn residents either, so I've been able to practice operating solo.  Overall, the best part has been just learning how things are handled differently: medicine preferences, monitoring techniques, etc...   The learning definitely has not stopped and it's been fun to pick OtherDoc's brain to see how our training is the same and how it differs.

But onto the two questions that inquiring minds want to know: #1 What's the plan with Kenya?

The plan is: I will continue working locums full time until second week of October and then I will be working sporadically - picking up another couple weeks of work until my big move. 

My departure day for Kenya: NOVEMBER 29!!!

And #2: What about Teddy?  

YES, Teddy is still going to Kenya, and YES, I believe he is excited, and NO, he will not be in danger from any lions, tigers, bears, wildabeasts or monkies. 
For now, please be much in prayer as I pack up my house, try to sell my house and prepare for my departure. 


Teddy At Christmas Last Year....  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment