Sunday, January 9, 2011

Of Waterfalls and NeckTies...

This past weekend, I finally mustered up enough energy to walk around Tenwek just for the sake of taking a walk and visited the Tenwek hydroelectric dam and waterfall.

Tenwek Hospital is powered by a hydroelectric dam that was constructed between 1984-86.  It replaced the previously less reliable and more expensive diesal generator in 1987.  The dam was constructed just up river from the waterfall - a very peaceful and beautiful part of Tenwek to visit.

OverView of Dam and WaterFall

Waterfall
 
A lady doing her wash at the base of the dam


Laundry finished!

For all the big game hunters out there- this is the most exciting game I've seen around Tenwek!

I also wanted to say another thanks to everyone who has been sending cards, packages, emails and comments on the blog.

I cannot tell you how awesome and uplifting it has been!

Recently, I received a package that had goodies for me and even a little something for Teddy......So, this picture is his way of saying thanks too!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Teddy looks so dignified! What a stud! Would so love to visit you at Tenwek sometime!

    ReplyDelete