Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas in Kenya 2011

My first year making homemade Christmas cookies! 

My cooking partner....

My new breakfast creation: Apple Spice Pancakes with Powdered Sugar on top!  Yum!
The Snowman Cake I made to go along with the Christmas cookies for my Intern Christmas Party... He has Mentos buttons, a candy bar smile, M&M eyes, a carrot nose and dum dum arms. 

Presents under the tree.  They were only there for 8 hours - they were otherwise hidden from Teddy in the spare bedroom.  The presents were warm fleece scarves and candy for the interns.  We also played games and had "prizes" for the winners. 
 
A Kenyan fried fish dish that one of the interns brought to the Christmas party I hosted.....one of my favorite Kenyan dishes
so far!
 
Teddy taking a long winter's nap during the Christmas party....

All my interns gathered for the "Christmas Bash."

1 comment:

  1. LOVE ALL OF YOUR PICTURES:
    -your christmas cookies look good, please send me some
    -i literally laughed out loud at your hilarious snowman (i wonder what sarah thought, haha)
    -again, your christmas tree looks absolutely hilarious (maybe you should've wrapped them in aluminum foil to deter teddy :) )
    -you don't have a spare bedroom, it was and shall forever be "heather's bedroom"!!!!
    -the fried fish looks scrumptious
    -maybe teddy has sleep apnea since he is always tired
    -your christmas party looks awesome...i'm jealous!
    Glad you had fun over the holidays! Wish I could've been there too! :)

    Chelangat :)

    ReplyDelete