Sunday, November 28, 2010

Finally on His Way.....

Today, my cat left for Kenya. 
**Pause for dramatic effect**


Today, I boarded Teddy into his Cadillac of a kitty kennel and took him to the Delta freight yard in northern Kentucky.  After 90 minutes of paperwork, an early morning phone call to my most-awesome vet to get an additional form and some handywork from a very kind Delta worker who helped me reinforce the Cadillac - Teddy was loaded onto a flight to Atlanta.


The Cadillac of Kennels
  In Atlanta, Teddy was met by the very caring staff of Animal Land petmovers, who then called me to say that he had completed the first leg of his journey without any problems.  He will "hang out" in Atlanta until his flight to Amsterdam tonight.

Tomorrow I will begin my part of the journey.  I will be leaving Cincinnati and flying to Amsterdam via Boston.  In Amsterdam, I will catch up with Teddy.  Any pet flying internationally has to stay and rest 24 hours at a pet hotel - ours is in Amsterdam.  Then we will be on our way to Kenya!


A huge thanks to all of you who have been supporting me thus far...with prayer and with finances.......your love and support is very needed and much appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment