Sunday, August 28, 2011

Collegiate Pride

Our guest house here at Tenwek has found a wonderful way to bring in a little US culture. 

The guest house is a three-story building with rail- walkways that overlook the surrounding valley.  Sometime in the past, long-term missionaries and guests began decorating the outside of the guest house with collegiate flags, hung from the metal railings.  When I first arrived, there were maybe 3 or 4; we are up to 9 now.




The U of L flag was the most recent addition (courtesy of my recent trip to the US!).  I love seeing these flags as I walk up the hill in the morning - it always makes me smile.  And of course, they are wonderful for instigating conversations about .....

...the good...

...the bad...

..and the ugly...  ;-)


  ** Note the views expressed in this particular blog are not well thought out and are meant only to entertain or incite riot.  Complaints can be addressed to: Teddy the Cat, c/o Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment